Monday, February 28, 2011

That's enough fruit for now - Thank you! - Lemons Pt. II

 
I TRIED THROWING THEM BACK
AND......


TRIED SQUEEZING THEM OUT
AND.......





WENT FOR THE OLD TRIED AND TRUE
AND........
 


GETTING DESPERATE, TRIED MAKING LEMON BARS
AND......


EVEN WENT FOR THE PSYCHOLOGY OF IT ALL
AND TRIED TALK THERAPY
 
_____________

BUT IN THE END I FIGURED OUT A FEW THINGS:

1. I don't throw lemons (or any objects) very well
2. Squeezing lemons with winter dry cracked hands really stings
3. Lemonade is much easier made with the mix
4. I don't know how to make lemon bars - but they look good
5. Lemons don't really talk - but they are great listeners
AND FINALLY....
6. Life has one really unhealthy obsession with citrus fruit
that just cannot be fixed or changed - it is what it is!

___________________


Time for sharing
Don't you hate it when:

you are up all night because of a thunderstorm,  
and your cats are walking all over
your face because they are nervous
and when you do finally get up in the morning,
you find a pile of cat vomit on the hallway floor,
which you promptly clean up.

Then you go strip all the bedding off your old mattress,
in preparation for the new mattress being delivered,
only to find that while you were quickly take your morning pills, 
that the cat went & vomited on the now old stripped mattress.
Which you promptly clean up again.
 
Then you see that the humidifier is extremely low
so you take off the top compartment to fill it up,
and when going to place it back on the base, spill half of the water
everywhere because you apparently did not tighten 
the opening valve well enough.
Which you promptly clean up.

And just to get this off my chest because
in all honesty, THIS is probably why I am
not handling this morning's stuff a bit better........

Could SOMEONE - ANYONE, please explain to me
why - oh why the furniture companies / dept. stores out there
think that the ONLY people in the entire freakin' universe
that might actually want a glider rocker chair / ottoman combo
are pregnant women or new moms?

I ask this because hubby and I have been building 
a small room upstairs for me, as, up until this point,
I did not have a place of my own- which I found I really needed.
In any case,  I wanted to make it a room where I could read,
crochet, write, talk in private, just be alone or relax.
As a result, I knew that I would be needing seating.
A recliner chair was too big/cumbersome for that space,
and all the other decorative chairs I saw just didn't seem right.
Then I thought of a rocking chair, which made me think how nice
having a matching ottoman would be with the rocker.
......so that is how I came to the glider/rocker ottoman idea.

Making a long story shorter....a few hours on the internet later
I came to the following conclusions:

If you are looking for a glider/rocker ottoman set that is
 not a piece of crap, looks decent, and yet
is still somewhat affordable
(which is code for cheap after paying for transmission)
 expect the following things:

A.Doing a google search for glider/rocker ottoman combo
or some combination thereof will most often direct you to
a massive number or baby/parenting/child sites - BEWARE

B. Most of the good affordable sets will be found in the 
"BABY" furniture section of the top leading dept. stores

C. Sometimes even if they are not in the "BABY" section
of the store, they come with great Manufacturer names
Such as  "StorkC.raft" ,  "Baby Rel.ax" or "StarB.right"


Hey.....Dept. stores & furniture companies....thanks for 
that unexpected infertile childless punch in the gut.

It's always the unexpected ones that hurt the most!

___________
Now I know that since last post's overtone was one of
turning the negatives around, and I just bitched
up a good little storm above - I will share this:
The spasticat is just fine - she just ingested a bit of the
  building materials from the room upstairs (dust, bits of paper, etc)

The old mattress is leaving today a bit more stained mind you -
and the new one arrives - woohoo!

Once new mattress arrives,  I will be able to take a nap
and catch up on the lost sleep from last night

The humidifier works still and all objects around it 
are fine despite being a bit damp.

and lastly..................

I was able to pick out a glider/rocker & ottoman set 
DESPITE the fact it had the word "BABY" on it.

_______

PROGRESS MAYBE?
Fragile definitely!
________

MOOD REPORT:


4 comments:

  1. You're too funny! Congrats on the new glider and mattress. You are going to luuuuuv having a new mattress if it's been any length of time since your last.
    I've had my eye on a fancy god-awful expensive glider for a little while, but got a "rockasan" as an intermediate while I quibble over the cost of the fancy one. Love my rockasan now, but it's so darn big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made over what was supposed to be our nursery into my "girl room" and I LOVE it. I do most of my reading and all of my sewing in there. My cats are big fans of it as well.

    ReplyDelete