Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"Hiatus Halted" - taking off the cloak of invisibility

Hi Everyone - I'm Back

It was extremely hard to get myself to come back to this blog - just where I left off.
All of the memories and emotions - both good & bad. 

I toyed with the idea of designing a new blog but was met with such difficulties in trying to start from scratch on Blogger that I realized the Blogger Gods/Goddesses had spoken.

So back to this blog - back for good reason - It's simply time.

Its time for me to write again - write for ME. 
Writing because in my heart I know I have so much to say.
Writing because what I have to say is important, special, silly, crazy, beautiful, real. 
Writing because my words share where I have been, & where I am currently.

 Most importantly though, I write because it is a PART OF ME.
I think its the INVISIBLE part - the part that wants desperately to be brought to light.
All the feelings, thoughts, emotions, ideas & craziness that gets tucked away - hidden from the light.
Invisible for reasons that truly make no sense to me
.
Invisible because they are so often uncomfortable or embarrassing to talk about.
Invisible because that's more socially acceptable after all.
Invisible because as life moves on, its easier to tuck it all away & instead put a smile on your face
Invisible because it takes great courage and just the very right moment to bring it all to light. 





And so with every ounce of courage I have to muster, in this one moment, this very special second - INVISIBLE ME I am taking a deep breath & turning on the light!

I am digging out each uncomfortable, hard-to-talk-about, awkward, crazy, silly, idea, feeling and experience that has been tucked away
 and giving them each their own beautiful spotlight.

It will certainly take some time to write about INVISIBLE ME
 and most definitely my ongoing belief in this part of myself.......
It deserves this space, deserves this light, deserves to be seen.
 It Deserves & Needs to be VISIBLE-at all times!

VISIBLE
Not just when wearing support ribbons of any color 
Not just during local fundraising walks or during monthly awareness events
Not just when we lose someone close or someone we all knew
Not just when social media shares some of its space for a fleeting moment
 Not just when its convenient or easy

Visible when it is important - and the thing is,
Its ALWAYS important
ALWAYS
MOOD REPORT:
still here!

No comments:

Post a Comment